Rowing WOD 9/27/13:
1. 1k Row @5k+5
2. 1 Mile Run (easy pace);
3. EMOM10 – MR Front Squat @40% of 1RM
- Every Minute On The Minute for 10min Perform…
- Max Reps in 20sec
- Focus on Form, Rhythm, and Speed on the Drive
4. As Many Rounds As Possible in 7min
- 15 Burpees
- Plank Hold – for as long as it took to do first set of Burpees
- (Alternate between front and side planks each round)
5. 1 Mile Run (easy pace)
6. 1k Row @5k+5
Fire it Up! It’s Friday! Tomorrow we re-test our 5k. Get in some solid work today and bring your A-Game. Hope you had a great week of training!
Today’s Rowing WOD is an opportunity to use rowing as a warmup and cool down. The front squats are for power and speed on the drive. Form and speed on the bar should be the focus in hopes of transferring power/skill to the boat. Push hard in the metcon and get that heart rate and breathing up. There’s a video below of the Boston College Men’s Crew Team using Renegade Rowing for their daily practice. If you can do this on the water even better! This practice should take no longer than 2 hours. Cut out some of the running/rowing if you’re strapped for time.
Post your load and number of reps for the Front Squat, Rounds + Reps for the metcon, and splits held for the rowing and running.