Rowing WOD 10/16/13:
1. 2k Row @5k+7
2. 1 Mile Run (easy pace);
3. EMOM10 – MR Sumo Deadlift High Pull @75/55 lbs.
- Every Minute On The Minute for 10min Perform…
- Max Reps in 20sec
- Focus on Form, Rhythm, and Speed on the Drive
4. Perform in Teams of 4 – Split Up Work As You See Fit
- 50 Slam Balls (20/15 lbs.)
- 100 Partner Squat Med Ball Throws (20/14 lbs.)
- 100 Ring Rows
5. 1 Mile Run (easy pace)
6. 2k Row @5k+7
Today’s Rowing WOD is an opportunity to use rowing as a warmup and cool down. The sumo deadlift high pulls are for power and speed on the drive. Form and speed on the bar should be the focus in hopes of transferring power/skill to the boat. Push hard in the metcon and get that heart rate and breathing up. There’s a video below of the Boston College Men’s Crew Team using Renegade Rowing for their daily practice. They performed this last week in preparation for the Head of the Charles this weekend. If you can do this on the water even better! This practice should take no longer than 2 hours. Cut out some of the running/rowing if you’re strapped for time.
Post your scores to comments.