3 Rounds (60 strokes per round)
20 Strokes – Rear of Erg Elevated on 45# Plate
- Focus: Be prepared for the catch by controlling the recovery and feeling the weight come on to your feet.
20 Strokes – Rowing Feet Out
- Focus: Stay connected to the footboards and on top of your sit bones through the finish by pointing the toes and pulling the handle all the way to the body, vs. pulling your body to the handle.
20 Strokes – Row Feet Strapped in and Build to Full Pressure
- Focus: Keep the control gained in the first drill and the connection to the foot boards from the second drill. Build to Full Pressure over 10 strokes and hold strong for 10 strokes.
- Post Average Split for the last 20 strokes of each round to comments.
3 Power Snatch
- As Heavy As Possible without losing Speed Through The Middle.
- Post Loads to Comments.
6×5 Pull Ups
10 Overhead Squats (95/65 lbs.)
10 Push Ups
Today’s Rowing WOD is an opportunity to use rowing as a warmup and practice the skills of control and connection. The Strength WOD is an opportunity to build power and speed on the drive and then transfer those skills to your rowing stroke in the Conditioning WOD.
Form and speed on the bar should be the focus in hopes of transferring power/skill to the boat and erg. Push hard in the metcon and get that heart rate and breathing up.
Here’s a picture of me finally getting “13.1” done last night after a hectic week last week. I was able to power snatch 26 reps at 135 lbs. for a 3 rep improvement over last years score. It feels good to be training again and I’m excited to keep pushing you guys.
Keep up the good work!